Monday 6 August 2012

Series of the day - Pride & Prejudice (BBC)

I don't know anyone who hasn't fallen in love as he or she (well, actually basically women are watching it) has watched this series for the first time!
Jane Austen has written the book called "Pride & Prejudice" more than 200 years ago. She has given us one of the most romantic love stories the world has ever seen and which was made into a film severyl times until now.



My absolute favourite adaptation is the one from BBC in 1995! At that time I have been too young to understand anything of the story but as I got to it a few years ago I fell in love like many people (mostly women) before me. I cannot deny that the reason for my admiration is the very handsome Mr. Darcy played by Colin Firth! You must agree that noone could portray him better that Colin!! And with Jennifer Ehle as Elizabeth Bennet he could not have a more gorgeous partner! Jennifer is so beautiful and such a talented actress, just perfect as Elizabeth Bennet!



I believe the director once said: "Colin has this talent, which only a few actors have, to look arrogant and sexy at the same time."
Oh, how he was right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment